★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- penne pasta
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken, thighs or breasts
- ground black pepper
- bottle of caesar dressing
- 1/2 c
- grated parmigano reggiano
- head romaine lettuce, chopped
How to Make Chicken Caesar Pasta
- 1Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring up to a boil to cook the pasta. Once at a boil, add some salt and the pasta, and cook until al dente, according to package directions. Right before draining, remove and reserve 1 cup of the pasta-cooking water. Drain pasta thoroughly, return to the pot and reserve.
- 2While the pasta is cooking, place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 turn of the pan of EVOO, about 1 tablespoon. Season the chicken with salt and ground black pepper, and cook in the pan until golden brown and cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside. When cool enough to handle, chop into bite-size pieces.
- 3Add the dressing to the pan of cooked pasta along with the Parmigiano Reggiano and reserved cup of pasta water.
- 4Toss with the lettuce and chopped chicken, and serve.