By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1chicken, cut up
1garlic clove, peeled
28 oztomatoes, canned
8pearl onions, peeled
6 Tbsptomato paste
How to Make Chicken Cacciatoria
- Rub chicken with garlic then mince the garlic and save.
- Combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper in large paper bag; shake chicken pieces until coated.
- Heat oil in dutch oven.
- Brown chicken a few pieces at a time on all sides; drain on absorbent paper.
- Pour off any oil remaining in pan then return chicken to dutch oven.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, onions, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and bay leaf; Cover.
- Basting occasionally with sauce in the pan, simmer 1 hour or until chicken is tender.