I like to add cut up potatoes with my cacciatore, I fry them slightly with the chicken pieces.
- 4-5 large
- fresh tomatoes
- 1 can(s)
- tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp
- italian spices, oregano, italian seasonings of course i always add more than this
- or more cloves of garlic or a few teaspoons of jarred garlic
- 4-5 medium
- sized chicken breasts, or cut up whole chicken with bone as it enhances the flavor
- 1/4 c
- good olive oil (may need more for browning)
- of each ~ green, yellow, and red whole peppers
- 1 medium
- 2 medium
- potatoes ( cut in fairly large strips)
- 1 c
- fresh peas or canned or frozen, black olives, and about a 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
How to Make Chicken Cacciatore
- 3Cut chicken into serving size pieces, wash, dry and pour your oil in fry pan medium heat ~ cut up your onions, peppers. Place your chicken pieces in hot fry pan and brown on all sides. You may need to add more olive oil as the browning goes on, now throw in you peppers and onions and sliced potatoes, brown all.
- 4Add to simmering pot of sauce, check your sauce for acidity, you may need to add more sugar, I sprinkle a good amount of Parmesan cheese in the sauce and a chunck of butter.
Let simmer for at least an hour, check with thermometer for doneness.
Serve over your choice of pasta, mashed potato, noodles, raviolis etc. Don't forget the salad and Italian bread ~ *_*