- 1 lb
- rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 3 Tbsp
- olive or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 c
- sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 c
- chopped sweet onion(i like vidalias)
- 2-3 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp
- kosher or sea salt
- 28 oz
- can(or boxed as i use now) of whole tomatoes(which is 3 1/2 cups),undrained and chopped
- 15 oz
- can(or boxed as i use now) of tomato sauce(it is about 1 3/4 cups of sauce)
How to Make CHICKEN CACCIATORE
- 1Cook pasta according to box directions,drain.
- 2In a large saucepan( like a 5-6 qt one) heat oil on medium-high heat and add chicken.
- 3Cook until browned a bit...making sure it is done inside...about 10-12 minutes.
- 4Push cooked chicken to one side of the pan.
- 5Add mushrooms,onions,garlic,bay leaf,rosemary and salt.
- 6Cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently.
- 7Add tomatoes with juice and tomato sauce and heat to boiling.
- 8Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes stirring frequently.
- 9Discard bay leaf and toss hot pasta with the sauce.