1 lbrigatoni pasta, uncooked
3 Tbspolive or vegetable oil
1 1/2 lbchicken breast halves, skinless and boneless, cut into 1 inch pieces
3 csliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cchopped sweet onion(i like vidalias)
2-3 clovegarlic, finely chopped
1 Tbspchopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
1 tspkosher or sea salt
28 ozcan(or boxed as i use now) of whole tomatoes(which is 3 1/2 cups),undrained and chopped
15 ozcan(or boxed as i use now) of tomato sauce(it is about 1 3/4 cups of sauce)
How to Make CHICKEN CACCIATORE
- Cook pasta according to box directions,drain.
- In a large saucepan( like a 5-6 qt one) heat oil on medium-high heat and add chicken.
- Cook until browned a bit...making sure it is done inside...about 10-12 minutes.
- Push cooked chicken to one side of the pan.
- Add mushrooms,onions,garlic,bay leaf,rosemary and salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes with juice and tomato sauce and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes stirring frequently.
- Discard bay leaf and toss hot pasta with the sauce.