- pieces-chicken thighs, and/or legs
- 1/2-1 c
- all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- onion, sliced
- 2-3 medium
- bell peppers, red/green/yellow, sliced into strips
- 8 oz
- fresh mushrooms, thick sliced or quartered
- 3-4 clove
- garlic-minced, equivilent to 1 tbsp
- 1/4 c
- red wine(optional) or chicken broth
- bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp
- oregano, dried
- 26 oz
- tomatoes, crushed, canned-or 2 smaller cans whole plum tomatoes, broken up with your hands. you can drain the juice first, if you want less liquid in the finished product.
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh basil leaves
- 1/2-1 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
SEASON CHICKEN, DREDGE IN FLOUR AND BROWN IN LARGE SKILLET, OR DUTCH OVEN. REMOVE TO A PLATE(DUTCH OVEN METHOD) OR PLACE IN CROCK POT.
ADD TO PAN, AND STIR COOKING 1-2 MINUTES
DEGLAZE PAN - ADD AND SCRAPE UP ANY BITS ON THE PAN, POUR OVER CHICKEN IN CROCK POT/ADD CHICKEN BACK IN TO DUTCH OVEN
ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS TO CROCK POT/DUTCH OVEN OVER CHICKEN. COVER AND COOK 4 HRS ON HIGH/6-8 HRS ON LOW. USE HEAVY LID ON DUTCH OVEN AND BAKE AT 325 3-4 HOURS.
ADJUST SEASONING/SALT AND PEPPER. SERVE OVER PASTA OR RICE
In crock pot, cover and cook on low 6-8 hours, or 4 hours on high.
In dutch oven, cover with heavy/tight lid and bake at 325 for 3-4 hours.
Serve over cooked pasta or rice.