★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- all-purpose flour for coating
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 4 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- green bell pepper, chopped
- (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes (i use the italian style)
- 1/2 tsp
- dried oregano
- 2 c
- fresh mushrooms, quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make CHICKEN CACCIATORE
- 1Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a plastic bag. Shake the chicken pieces in flour until coated. Heat the oil in a large skillet (one that has a cover/lid).
- 2Fry the chicken pieces until they are browned on both sides. Remove from skillet.
- 3Add the onion, garlic and bell pepper to the skillet and saute until the onion is slightly browned.
- 4Return the chicken to the skillet and add the tomatoes and oregano. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes over medium low heat.
- 5Add the mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 10 more minutes.
- 6I serve it on a bed of egg noodles.