By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbchicken pieces
1 conion, sliced
1/2 cchopped green bell pepper
1/4 cpeanut oil
1 lbplum tomatoes
1 Tbspchopped parsley
1/4 lbmushrooms, sliced
How to Make Chicken Cacciatore
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add chicken pieces, brown and set aside.
- Add onion, green pepper and garlic; Cook until onion is tender.
- Force Italian plum tomatoes through a strainer.
- Add tomato liquid, parsley, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper to skillet.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Add chicken; cover and cook over low heat 45 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook uncovered 15 minutes or until sauce is desired consistency.