★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 c
- cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 c
- picante sauce (pace (medium) is my favorite)
- 1/2 c
- chopped green onion
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese (or more)
- 2 tsp
- ground cumin (also known as comino)
- 2 tsp
- dried oregano
- tortillas, 9-inch diameter
How to Make Chicken Burritos
- 1In a medium-sized bowl, combine chicken, picante sauce, onion, cumin, and oregano; mix well.
- 2Spoon about 1/2 cup of the mixture down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3Wrap up tortillas burrito style: Pull the bottom edge up over the filling,
Pull over both sides, then
Roll upward to top edge, keeping everything tucked in.
- 4Place seam-side down on a piece of foil, if preparing to freeze, or on a foil-lined baking sheet, if preparing to cook.
To freeze, wrap burritos individually in foil. Place them in freezer bags, squeezing or vacuuming out excess air.
- 5Place burritos on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
If frozen, burritos can be unwrapped and microwaved for approximately 2 minutes and eaten as is, or thawed in the refrigerator or microwave, then baked as above.