★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 ccubed, cooked chicken
1 1/2 cpicante sauce (pace (medium) is my favorite)
1/2 cchopped green onion
1 cshredded cheddar cheese (or more)
2 tspground cumin (also known as comino)
2 tspdried oregano
8tortillas, 9-inch diameter
How to Make Chicken Burritos
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine chicken, picante sauce, onion, cumin, and oregano; mix well.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of the mixture down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Wrap up tortillas burrito style: Pull the bottom edge up over the filling,
Pull over both sides, then
Roll upward to top edge, keeping everything tucked in.
- Place seam-side down on a piece of foil, if preparing to freeze, or on a foil-lined baking sheet, if preparing to cook.
To freeze, wrap burritos individually in foil. Place them in freezer bags, squeezing or vacuuming out excess air.
- Place burritos on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
If frozen, burritos can be unwrapped and microwaved for approximately 2 minutes and eaten as is, or thawed in the refrigerator or microwave, then baked as above.