- 1 lb
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- green pepper
- medium onion
- 2 c
- instant white rice
- 15.5 ounce jar on the border salsa con queso
- 1 1/2 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- 8 inch flour tortillas
How to Make Chicken "Bunchiladas"
- 1Spray skillet with cooking spray. Cut each chicken breast into 4-5 pieces, begin cooking over medium heat. Slice onion and green pepper and add to chicken. Cook until onions are clear, peppers are tender and chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- 2Prepare instant rice according to package directions.
- 3Transfer chicken and vegetables to a food processor and pulse 4-5 times until nicely chopped. Return to skillet and add cooked rice, 1/2 jar of salsa con queso and 3/4 cup shredded cheese. Mix well.
- 4Place approx 3/4 cup of chicken mixture onto 8 flour tortillas. Roll up tightly and place seam side down in a casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray. Spread remaining queso sauce over the top followed by the remaining shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese has melted, 10 to 12 minutes.