Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
1 largeonion, chopped
1celery rib, chopped
3garlic cloves, minced
110 oz. package frozen chopped broccoli
110 1/2 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
2 cmexican blend shredded cheese, divided
14 oz. can sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 ccooked rice
2 cdiced cooked chicken
·salt and cayenne pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in large saucepan. Add chopped onions, celery, and minced garlic. Sauté until onions are tender and transparent.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli according to package directions. Drain well.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and cayenne pepper to taste. Personally, I like a little “sting.”
- Turn into a lightly greased 2 qt. casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven about 20 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly.