Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 1/2 c
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- celery rib, chopped
- garlic cloves, minced
- 10 oz. package frozen chopped broccoli
- 10 1/2 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese, divided
- 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 c
- cooked rice
- 2 c
- diced cooked chicken
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Melt butter in large saucepan. Add chopped onions, celery, and minced garlic. Sauté until onions are tender and transparent.
- 3Meanwhile, cook broccoli according to package directions. Drain well.
- 4Taste for seasoning and add salt and cayenne pepper to taste. Personally, I like a little “sting.”
- 5Turn into a lightly greased 2 qt. casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- 6Bake in preheated oven about 20 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly.