Chicken Broccoli Cheese Bake
- 1 1/2 lb
- Mini Penne, or any hearty pasta you prefer
- 1 large
- Sweet onion
- 6 c
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3 - 4 lb
- Chicken breats, boneless, bite size
- 2 lb
- Broccoli, fresh, bite size
- 2 jar(s)
- Three Cheese Alfredo Sauce
- 1 can(s)
- Condensed Cheddar and Broccoli Soup
- 1/2 c
- White Wine
- 1 Tbsp
- Milk and/or Half and Half
- Olive Oil
- Kosher salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder to taste
- For Brine
- 1/4 c
- Kosher salt
- 1 qt
- 2 Tbsp
- Brown Sugar
- Extra seasonings are optional in brine
How to Make Chicken Broccoli Cheese Bake
- 1For Brine:
In a large bowl or pot add 1 Quart of water, 1/4 cup of kosher salt, and 2 heaping tablespoons of brown sugar, add any seasonings you prefer. Mix well. Add boneless chicken and submerge for only 2 hours. Remove from brine after 2 hours, so the chicken wont be to salty. This really makes a big difference in the chicken, it is much more flavorful and tender.
- 2After chicken is brined, cut it into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- 3Cook penne for about 9 minutes til aldente, not mushy.
- 4Saute onion in olive oil and set aside, then saute chicken with seasonings and set aside.
- 5Add white wine to the pan and deglaze. Add condensed soup and alfredo sauce to the pan and whisk well.
- 6Add some milk or half and half to the empty jars and shake them up to get all the sauce out. Put it in the pot.
- 7Add mayo and more half and half to get the consistency you like. Put chicken and onions back into sauce.
- 8In a seperate pot saute seasoned cut up broccoli in butter til almost done. Add broccoli to the rest of the mixture. Heat until bubbly in pot.
- 9Spray a glass casserole dish with cooking spray and add some sauce to bottom of the dish.
- 10Layer the pan with chicken / sauce mixture and penne. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until hot all the way through and bubbly on top.