Chicken Broccoli Casserole
It easily doubles for a larger crowd. It can be made ahead one day and kept in the fridge overnight. Let set out 20 minutes before baking and Just top with the bread crumbs and butter and bake as directed.
The curry sauce is so creamy and yummy you swear it is loaded with tons of calories. I use Kraft's Olive oil mayo and the heart smart cream soup by Campbells. This saves calories from saturated fat if you want to be heart healthy.
- 2 pkg
- 10 ounces each of frozen broccoli florets, cooked
- 2 c
- chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 c
- bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice, i like to use fresh squeezed
- 3/4 tsp
- curry powder
- 1 Tbsp
- melted butter
How to Make Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- 1Place cooked broccoli in rectangular casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2Cover with cooked, chopped chicken.
- 3Combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder. Mix well and pour over chicken.
- 4Cover with grated cheese and bread crumbs. Top with melted butter.
I do use more butter to drizzle a light layer over crumbs...Feel free to adjust to your liking.
- 5Bake at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.