Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
12 ozfettucine pasta
2-3 cbroccoli florets
4 Tbspbutter, divided
4boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
·salt and pepper, to taste
1/8 call purpose flour
1/2small onion, diced
5-6 clovefresh garlic, minced, to taste
2 cheavy cream
1 cgrated parmesan cheese, to taste
·additional parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top
How to Make Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- Cook fettuccine al dente according to package directions; during last 4 minutes, add broccoli florets. Drain and keep warm in large serving bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare chicken. (see note)
- Cut chicken into bite-sized cubes. Add salt and pepper to flour; coat chicken pieces with flour mixture.
- Heat 12-inch skillet; add 2 Tbsp. butter. Add chicken pieces and cook until no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
- Add another 2 Tbsp. butter to skillet. Add onions and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add cream and cook additional 3 minutes until it reduces slightly. Add cheese and stir well until cheese is blended and melted.
- Return chicken pieces to cream mixture; stir to coat. Pour chicken and cream mixture over drained pasta. Stir to coat pasta with sauce.
- Serve immediately, sprinkling additional Parmesan cheese on top.
- NOTE: Instead of using the uncooked chicken breasts, we grill them and then cut into bite-sized chunks. Gives the dish much more flavor.