Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- 12 oz
- fettucine pasta
- 2-3 c
- broccoli florets
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, divided
- boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/8 c
- all purpose flour
- small onion, diced
- 5-6 clove
- fresh garlic, minced, to taste
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 1 c
- grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- additional parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top
How to Make Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- 1Cook fettuccine al dente according to package directions; during last 4 minutes, add broccoli florets. Drain and keep warm in large serving bowl.
- 2While pasta is cooking, prepare chicken. (see note)
- 3Cut chicken into bite-sized cubes. Add salt and pepper to flour; coat chicken pieces with flour mixture.
- 4Heat 12-inch skillet; add 2 Tbsp. butter. Add chicken pieces and cook until no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
- 5Add another 2 Tbsp. butter to skillet. Add onions and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add cream and cook additional 3 minutes until it reduces slightly. Add cheese and stir well until cheese is blended and melted.
- 6Return chicken pieces to cream mixture; stir to coat. Pour chicken and cream mixture over drained pasta. Stir to coat pasta with sauce.
- 7Serve immediately, sprinkling additional Parmesan cheese on top.
- 8NOTE: Instead of using the uncooked chicken breasts, we grill them and then cut into bite-sized chunks. Gives the dish much more flavor.