Chicken Breasts with Lemon1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·salt and freshly ground pepper
4chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
2 Tbspolive oil
4sprigs fresh thyme
2 Tbspshallots, finely chopped
2 tspgarlic clove, finely chopped
2 tsplemon rind, grated
3 Tbsplemon juice
1/2 cchicken broth
How to Make Chicken Breasts with Lemon
- Season flour with salt and pepper, and dredge the chicken all over.
- Shake off excess flour.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet large enough to hold the chicken pieces in one layer.
- Add chicken and cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn the chicken and cook for 5 more minutes, or until cooked through.
- Carefully remove the oil from the skillet, leaving the chicken.
- Discard the oil.
- Add the thyme, shallots and garlic, and cook for about a minute.
- Do not burn the garlic.
- Add the lemon rind, the lemon juice and the broth.
- Scrape the skillet to dissolve the brown particles that cling to the bottom.
- Add the butter, and cook for 3 minutes longer.