Chicken Breasts with Eggplant and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2red bell peppers
4chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1garlic clove, chopped
1/4 cred wine vinegar
·fresh herbs, chopped
2 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Chicken Breasts with Eggplant and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- HERBS: 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme or parsley.
- To roast the peppers, place the peppers on the grill or under the broiler, turning them, until charred all over, nearly black.
- Remove and place in a plastic bag to steam off skin.
- When cool enough to handle, remove charred skin and seed them.
- Preheat the grill or broiler.
- Halve the eggplant, score in 2 or 3 places, and brush with some of the oil.
- Place on the grill, cut side towards the heat.
- Turn after 5 minutes.
- Cook until almost soft.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook 3 minutes on each side, until done.
- Remove to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan until singing.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook until soft. Puree the peppers and vinegar in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add the puree, eggplants, and chicken to the frying pan, and heat together, about 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken mixture on a platter surrounded by the eggplant and sauce.
- Sprinkle with the herbs.