Chicken Breasts with Eggplant and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- red bell peppers
- 2 small
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- onion, sliced
- garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 c
- red wine vinegar
- fresh herbs, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Chicken Breasts with Eggplant and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1HERBS: 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme or parsley.
- 2To roast the peppers, place the peppers on the grill or under the broiler, turning them, until charred all over, nearly black.
- 3Remove and place in a plastic bag to steam off skin.
- 4When cool enough to handle, remove charred skin and seed them.
- 5Preheat the grill or broiler.
- 6Halve the eggplant, score in 2 or 3 places, and brush with some of the oil.
- 7Place on the grill, cut side towards the heat.
- 8Turn after 5 minutes.
- 9Cook until almost soft.
- 10Add the chicken breasts and cook 3 minutes on each side, until done.
- 11Remove to a plate.
- 12Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan until singing.
- 13Add the onion and garlic, and cook until soft. Puree the peppers and vinegar in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- 14Add the puree, eggplants, and chicken to the frying pan, and heat together, about 5 minutes.
- 15Place the chicken mixture on a platter surrounded by the eggplant and sauce.
- 16Sprinkle with the herbs.