★★★★★ 1 vote5
4chicken breasts, boneless halves
·salt and pepper
1 Tbspvegetable oil
1 Tbspshallots, finely chopped
3 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
1.5 cchicken broth
How to Make Chicken Breasts with Balsamic Vinegar Sauce
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and the oil in large heavy frypan over high heat.
- Add chicken, skin-side down, and cook until skin is crisp.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; turn chicken breasts over and cook until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to heated platter and keep warm in oven.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from frypan.
- Add shallots and cook over medium-low heat for 3 minutes or until translucent, scraping up any browned bits.
- Add vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes or until reduced to a glaze, stirring constantly.
- Add broth and boil until reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove sauce from heat and whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon butter and marjoram.
- Whisk in any juices from chicken.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve immediately.