Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Orzo1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/3 corzo pasta
3/4 cchicken broth, low salt
·salt to taste
1 Tbspolive oil
1 smallonion, coarsely chopped
2 Tbspminced garlic clove
2anchovy filets, chopped
1/4 cbasil, fresh, tightly packed
1 Tbspdry bread crumbs
4 largechicken breasts, boneless halves
1/4 cbalsamic vinegar
3 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Orzo
- Combine pasta and broth in a small pot, cover, place over medium-high heat, bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes, or until barely soft.
- Remove from heat and transfer contents of the pot to a work bowl.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet on the stove, add the onions, garlic and anchovies and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Scrape the mixture into a food processor, add basil and puree until coarsely ground.
- Add onion mixture to the pasta in the mixing bowl and add egg white and bread crumbs.
- Mix well.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Pull the tenderloins off the meat side of each breast and set aside.
- Remove the skin in 1 piece and set aside.
- Place breasts between layers of plastic wrap or wax paper and flatten to a 3/8-inch thickness.
- Gently flatten the tenderloins.
- Lay the breasts down on what was their skin side and place about 1/3 cup stuffing on each breast, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Gather up the edges around the stuffing as best you can.
- Lay a tenderloin on the opening and wrap each bundle with the skin.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the bundles in a baking dish just large enough to hold them comfortably.
- Pour in marsala and vinegar, cover and place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken on a platter and pour the cooking juices into a saucepan.
- Place saucepan over high heat and boil until reduced by half.
- Remove from the heat, pour the sauce into a mixing bowl and vigorously whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.