Chicken Breasts Smothered in Tomatoes and Mozzarella
- boneless skinless chicken breat halves ( about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 2 tsp
- bottled minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, divided
- 1 can(s)
- stewed tomatoes, italian-style (14 oz ) undrained
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Chicken Breasts Smothered in Tomatoes and Mozzarella
- 1Preheat broiler. Pound chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to 1/4 in. thickness using flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin.
- 2Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken 3 1/2 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center.
- 3Transfer to plate; keep warm.
- 4Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- 5Add tomatoes; bring to a simmer.
- 6Return chicken to skillet, spooning tomato mixture over chicken.
- 7Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4 inches from heat until cheese is melted.