Chicken Breasts Smothered in Tomatoes and Mozzarella
4boneless skinless chicken breat halves ( about 1 1/2 lbs.)
2 tspbottled minced garlic
3 Tbspolive oil, divided
1 can(s)stewed tomatoes, italian-style (14 oz ) undrained
1 cchopped onion
1 1/2 cshredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Chicken Breasts Smothered in Tomatoes and Mozzarella
- Preheat broiler. Pound chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to 1/4 in. thickness using flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken 3 1/2 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center.
- Transfer to plate; keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes; bring to a simmer.
- Return chicken to skillet, spooning tomato mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4 inches from heat until cheese is melted.