Chicken Breasts Lombardy
8 ozfresh sliced mushrooms
1/3 cplain flour
1 cmarsala wine
8boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 cshredded fontina or mozzarella cheese
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese
1/4 cchopped green onions
1/2 cchicken broth
How to Make Chicken Breasts Lombardy
- Saute the mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet until tender and set aside.
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. Pound until 1/8 inch thick between saran wrap or wax paper.
- Coat the chicken with the flour. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in another large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken in batches cooking each side for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove each batch and place the chicken in a 9x13 baking dish, over lapping if necessary. Sprinkle the mushrooms over the chicken.
- To make the sauce, add the wine and chicken broth to the drippings in the skillet, stirring to deglaze the skillet. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you need to thicken add a tablespoon of cornstarch and a little chicken broth that is blended before you put it in the sauce. Stir in the salt and pepper, then pour over the chicken.
- Combine the fontina, parmesan cheese and green onions in a bowl. Sprinkle over the chicken and bake 20 mins at 375 degrees. Broil for 2 mins 6 inches from the heat source. . Leave the oven door open a bit