2poblano chiles, seeded and sliced into 1/4
1onion, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/4" slices
4chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
·salt and pepper
1/2 csour cream
1/2 lbmonterey jack cheese, grated
How to Make Chicken Breasts In Poblano Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet.
- Add the poblanos and onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a large heavy skillet.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add them to the skillet.
- Cook over moderately high heat until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- Arrange the chicken in a baking dish large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Transfer the cooked poblano mixture to a blender with the sour cream and milk; puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling and the chicken is cooked through.