Chicken Breasts In Creamy Curry Sauce
Serve with hot rice and condiments - such as chopped peanuts, chopped apples, raisins, chutney, etc. - if desired.
- 1 and 1/2 lb
- skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c
- finely chopped shallots
- 1 Tbsp
- curry powder, or more to taste
- 1/2 c
- dry white wine
- 1 and 1/4 c
- heavy cream
How to Make Chicken Breasts In Creamy Curry Sauce
- 1Cut chicken breasts into thin strips or small chunks. Melt butter in a skillet and when it is hot but not brown, add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2Cook chicken, stirring, until it loses its 'raw' look, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle chicken with the shallots and curry powder; stir to blend. Cook for 2 minutes or so, til chicken is done. With the small/thin pieces it will not take long. Do not overcook. Transfer all to a bowl.
- 3Add wine to the skillet and cook over high heat for about 3 minutes, or until it is reduced by about half. Add the cream to the skillet, along with any juices that have accumulated in the bowl holding chicken,and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Add chicken and stir to blend; heat through.
- 4Nice sprinkled with chopped peanuts and/or minced parsley!