Chicken Breasts in Chive Cream1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 8 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- green onions, chopped
- 1/2 lb
- mushrooms, stems removed
- "just a pinch" of salt
- "just a pinch" of pepper
- chicken breasts, skinless
- 1/2 c
- chicken stock
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- "just a pinch" of beurre manie (sauce thickener)
- 2 Tbsp
- chives, fresh/chopped
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Chicken Breasts in Chive Cream
- 1Combine 1 tablespoon flour and 1 tablespoon sweet butter on a small flat plate and blend the mixture with a fork into a very smooth paste.
- 2Roll the paste into a ball.
- 3In a small skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter.
- 4Add the scallions and cook for 2 or 3 minutes without browning.
- 5Add the mushrooms.
- 6Season with salt and pepper and cook the mixture over high heat for 2 or 3 more minutes to brown the mushrooms lightly.
- 8Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and sprinkle them with lemon juice.
- 9In a large chicken fryer, melt the remaining butter.
- 10When it is quite hot, add the chicken breasts and cook them for 1 minute on each side.
- 11Cover the pan with buttered wax paper and then the pan lid.
- 12Lower the heat and simmer the chicken breasts for another 8 to 10 minutes or until the juices run out pale yellow when pierced with a fork.
- 13Do not overcook or pierce every piece.
- 14Immediately remove the chicken breasts to a serving platter.
- 15Pour the chicken stock into the fryer, raise the heat and reduce the stock until it is almost a glaze.
- 16Add the heavy cream and continue cooking over high heat.
- 17Add the Beurre Manie and cook until the sauce heavily coats a spoon.
- 18Add the mushroom and scallion mixture.
- 19Add the chives and correct the seasoning.
- 20Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts and serve at once.
- 21These butter-flour balls (beurre manie) can be made ahead in advance and stored in a sealed jar in the refrigerator for 1 or 2 weeks.