4 largechicken breasts, boneless and skinless
2 Tbspolive oil
3 Tbspchive snips
1/2lime or lemon juice
3 Tbspchopped parsley
2 tspdijon mustard
1/4 cchicken broth
How to Make Chicken Breasts Diane
- Place chicken breast halves between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap.
- Pound slightly with mallet.
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon each of oil and butter in large skillet.
- Cook chicken over high heat for 4 minutes on each side (or until chicken is cooked through).
- Do not cook longer or they will be overcooked and dry.
- Transfer to warm serving platter.
- Add chives, lime juice and brandy, if used, parsley and mustard to pan.
- Cook 15 seconds, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in broth.
- Stir until sauce is smooth.
- Whisk in remaining butter and oil.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Serve immediately.