Chicken Breasts and Artichokes with Fettuccini1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4chicken breasts, halved, boneless and skinless
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
1 cchicken broth
2/3 Tbspred wine vinegar
1 can(s)artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
1/2 cheavy cream
1 lbfettuccine pasta
1 Tbspparsley, chopped
How to Make Chicken Breasts and Artichokes with Fettuccini
- Rinse and dry chicken breasts, salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in non-aluminum skillet over low heat.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Cover and cook over low heat until cooked (3 minutes each side).
- Remove and keep warm covered with foil.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet, add artichoke hearts and saute until warmed.
- Remove and set aside.
- Deglaze pan by stirring 1 tablespoon vinegar into skillet.
- Add chicken broth and simmer, stirring until broth is reduced by 1/2.
- Add cream, stirring and reduce liquid again by 1/3.
- Boil and drain fettuccine and reserve.
- In saucepan, toss with remaining 4 tablespoons butter.
- Season to taste.
- Beat egg yolk in small bowl with 1 tablespoon cold water until foamy, whisk into hot sauce.
- Remove skillet from heat, whisking constantly.
- Sauce must not boil after egg is added - can add more vinegar to taste.
- Season as desired.
- Stir in parsley.
- Arrange chicken and artichokes on bed of fettuccine.
- Serve with green salad.