Chicken Breasts and Artichokes with Fettuccini1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- chicken breasts, halved, boneless and skinless
- "just a pinch" of salt
- "just a pinch" of pepper
- 6 Tbsp
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 2/3 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
- 1 can(s)
- artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1 lb
- fettuccine pasta
- egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley, chopped
How to Make Chicken Breasts and Artichokes with Fettuccini
- 1Rinse and dry chicken breasts, salt and pepper.
- 2Melt 1 tablespoon butter in non-aluminum skillet over low heat.
- 3Add chicken and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- 4Cover and cook over low heat until cooked (3 minutes each side).
- 5Remove and keep warm covered with foil.
- 6Add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet, add artichoke hearts and saute until warmed.
- 7Remove and set aside.
- 8Deglaze pan by stirring 1 tablespoon vinegar into skillet.
- 9Add chicken broth and simmer, stirring until broth is reduced by 1/2.
- 10Add cream, stirring and reduce liquid again by 1/3.
- 11Boil and drain fettuccine and reserve.
- 12In saucepan, toss with remaining 4 tablespoons butter.
- 13Season to taste.
- 14Beat egg yolk in small bowl with 1 tablespoon cold water until foamy, whisk into hot sauce.
- 15Remove skillet from heat, whisking constantly.
- 16Sauce must not boil after egg is added - can add more vinegar to taste.
- 17Season as desired.
- 18Stir in parsley.
- 19Arrange chicken and artichokes on bed of fettuccine.
- 20Serve with green salad.