Chicken Breast with Capers & Artichokes
Capers, lemons and artichokes, distinctive ingredients in Italian cuisine, combine to make a light yet rich chicken-based sauce. A perfect summer dish! Arborio rice, a short-grained Italian rice, is a delightful complement to this lovely entrée.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 Tbspolive oil
2chicken breasts, pounded 1/4 inch thick
1 1/4 ozjar artichokes, quartered
1 tspblack pepper
1 1/2 tspsalt
1/4 cchicken broth
1/2 cwhite wine
1lemon, sliced 1/4 inch thick
3small bouquets flat leaf italian parsley
How to Make Chicken Breast with Capers & Artichokes
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness. Salt and pepper, then lightly coat with flour.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet.
- Add the chicken breasts. Brown one side about 5 minutes. Turn and brown the second side.
- Add wine, chicken stock, artichokes and capers.
- Cook about 10 more minutes. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley bouquets.
- Flour the chicken breasts lightly to avoid too thick
a coating.Tip: Flour the chicken breasts lightly to avoid too thick a coating.