Chicken Breast "STUFFED" for the occasion
You can make this for as many as you want. I do 2 Chicken breasts and can serve 4, We Slice them in 2" slices, as is in the Picture, & Its a meal in itself, and I have left over stuffing or another meal. I usually make a gravy to pour over, and for Our Mashed taters, and a nice Green Salad for a full meal.
- boneless chicken breasts . .beaten flat
- 3/4 c
- butter @ room temp & divided
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- sage, dried
- 2 ribs
- celery chopped small
- 1 small
- onion chopped
- 2 1/2 c
- chicken broth, low salt
- 2 tsp
- poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp
- salt & pepper
- 1 pkg
- seasoned stuffing mix or (stove top mix)
How to Make Chicken Breast "STUFFED" for the occasion
- 1Flatten Chicken Breasts to 3/8" thickness (I beat mine with a rolling pin)
- 2Place Breasts side by side, overlaping a little.
Combine only 1/2 C. of the Butter, Garlic, sage. lather & Rub over the Chicken breasts
- 3In large Skillet, Melt the reaining butter.
ADD: CELERY, & Onions, Saute til tender.
ADD: Broth, & rest of the Seasonings.
Bring to a Boil. Reduce Heat.
STIR in STUFFING. Remove from heat and toss with a fork. . . Just to Moisten.
- 4Spread stuffing Mixture over Chicken breasts to within 1 Inch of the edge.
ROLL-up as for Jelly roll.Roll away from You.
- 5Tie Rolls with Kitchen string about 2" apart.
Place on Rack in roasting pan.
- 6Bake @ 325 approx 45 min to 1 hr. Covered.
or til meat thermometer reads 170 degrees. Baste occasionally with butter. Bake Uncoverd last 15-20 minutes of baking time.
- 7Remove From Oven to Platter and Keep warm. after standing 10 min, Slice, and serve with your favorite side Dishes, or my Fruit N cranberry salad.