Diane Hopson Smith
Note: I usually double the noodles for this recipe, 2 cups didn't seem like enough.
- 2 c
- egg noodles, cooked (i use 4 to 6 cups cooked noodles)
- 10 3/4 ounce cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- 1/4 c
- dry sherry
- 4 c
- cooked chicken, chopped
- 3 c
- grated sharp cheese, your choice, divided
- 2 1/4 oz
- package slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 c
- pimentos, drained
- 4 oz
- can mushrooms, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken Boudine
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
NOTE: I boil boneless chicken breast for this recipe. Once done, I cut into bite size pieces. I would think you could used roasted or baked chicken as well.
- 2In a large bowl, toss together the noodles, soup, broth, and sherry. Add the chicken, 2 cups of the cheese, the almonds, pimento, mushrooms, and salt and pepper, to taste, and toss gently to combine. Transfer the mixture to a greased 13 by 9 by 2-inch casserole and top with remaining cheese.
- 3Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.