Chicken Bake with Sausage Dressing
On another occasion I had it in mind to bring a whole chicken dinner in a pot so I tried it and took it with me. It was so very excellent I wrote everything down and every so often I make it again, because it is just so good!
It certainly will feed a family well!
I hope you enjoy it too!
- skinless, boneless, chicken breasts, quartered
- 2 medium
- yellow onions, sliced thickly
- 1 small
- pkg baby carrots
- 6 or 7 small
- red potatoes, sliced thickly
- to taste
- salt, pepper, turmeric (or curry powder)
SEE DIRECTIONS FOR LINK TO SAUSAGE DRESSING RECIPE
How to Make Chicken Bake with Sausage Dressing
- 2Make the sausage bread dressing (above) in large covered roasting pan pushing down with a cooking spoon to remove air pockets making it flat and even. (Do not bake, just assemble and then layer as directed below.)
- 3Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper and turmeric and layer on top of the dressing
- 4Then layer:
a. The thick onion slices on top of the chicken
b. The thick potatoes -- sprinkled with salt, pepper and turmeric to taste
c. Place the carrots into any open spaces
- 5Cover and Bake at 350 for about 1 hour
– or until a meat thermometer placed in the chicken reads 170 degrees F
- 6When plating make sure to dip your large spoon deep into the pot to get all the chicken, dressing, potatoes and carrots for each plate.
- 7My mouth is watering just thinking about it!! I hope you like it, too.