4skinless chicken breasts
1green bell pepper
1fresh cut pineapple
2 ccranberry juice
1 capple juice
2 capricot jam
1 tsponion powder
1 tspgarlic powder
1 tspbasil, dried
How to Make Chicken Bacon Kabobs
- Soak the skewers for about 30 min. in the apple juice. (This helps the skewers not to burn and infuses the apple flavor into the chicken kabobs.)
- Take the skinless chicken breast and cut the long way into 1 1/2 inch thick strips until you have 8 chicken strips. (You can also purchase them already cut.) Cut away any remaining fat or skin. Clean the chicken thoroughly.
- Soak the chicken in the cranberry juice for 30 min.
- While the skewers and chicken are soaking, cut the fresh pineapple and green bell pepper into 8 bite-size chunks. (You can use canned pineapple chunks.)
- Mix all the seaonings together in a small bowl. Season the chicken liberally on all sides.
- Once everything has been soaking/seasoned and cut into bite-size chunks, you're ready to begin assembling the kabobs.
- Pierce one end of a chicken strip with a skewer. Then pierce one end of a bacon strip and lay over the chicken. Allow both chicken and bacon strip to lay to one side of the skewer.
- Add a chunk of pineapple and a chunk of green bell pepper to the skewer. "Snake the chicken and bacon strips over the chunks, then repeat adding the chunks until all the chicken and bacon strip is assembled on the skewer.
- Repeat for the remaining skewers.
- Now that all the skeweres have been assembled, place the chicken bacon kabobs on the grill until done. While kabobs are on the grill, prepare the glaze.
- Reduce on low heat the apricot jam. Once the kabobs are done grilling, brush the jam over the the kabobs and place back on the grill for approx. 2 min. on each side.
- Remove from grill and enjoy! :)