Chicken Bacon Corn Pie
- frozen deep dish pie shells, thawed
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken or mushroom soup (10 ounces)
- 1/2 c
- half and half
- 3 c
- fresh corn off the cob, uncooked
- slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 c
- cooked, cubed potatoes
- 3 large
- hard cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- dried onion flakes
- dried parsley flakes for garnish
How to Make Chicken Bacon Corn Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Take two crusts of freezer and defrost. Place one crust on prepared cookie sheet. Set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the condensed soup and half & half. Mix well. Add the corn, bacon, potatoes, eggs, chicken and onion flakes. Mix well. Mixture will be very thick.
- 3Transfer to crust on cookie sheet, mounding in the middle.
- 4Moisten edges of bottom crust with water. Cover pie with second crust. Crimp edges well. Cut slits in top crust to let steam escape.
- 5Bake for 55-60 minutes or until bubbly and crust is golden brown. Let cool 5-10 minutes and garnish with parsley flakes before cutting.
- 6Please note: Cut pieces of pie tend to fall apart when removed from pie plate, although it cuts very nicely when cold (see picture). Also, if you have any leftover, the crust will absorb most of the liquid, so have an extra can of soup on hand to serve with leftovers.