Chicken Asiago Panini
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a really good sandwich because not only is it flavorful, but it's easy to whip together! If you don’t have a Panini grill you can use a stovetop griddle or a skillet.
Note: I played with the amount of pesto a bit to suit my taste. You may want to try a little more or a little less depending on your preference. The Test Kitchen
- 1 large
- focaccia bread, asiago
- 4 Tbsp
- classico traditional basil pesto sauce & spread
- 8-12 slice
- fresh cooked chicken or turkey breast, thinly sliced
- red or green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- red onion, thinly sliced
- cheddar & monterey jack cheese, shredded
How to Make Chicken Asiago Panini
- 1Slice asiago focaccia bread horizontally (through the bread), keep bread in the round until after cooking (that's when you cut into 4 individual sandwiches).
- 2Spread each inside of the bread with 2 tbls. Classico pesto sauce.
- 3Divide chicken or turkey evenly on bottom of focaccia bread slice, add shredded cheese, red bell pepper and then the onion slices. Put top of bread on to complete the sandwich.
- 4In a preheated panani grill, place the sandwich, in the bottom of the grill pan and place grill press on top, press sandwich down. Grill 7 minutes until nicely browned grill marks are formed. Turn over and grill top asiago side for 4-5 minutes making sure not to burn. Slice into 4 servings and serve warm.