Chicken, Artichoke, and Broccoli Casserole
4 cbroccoli florets
4 Tbspbutter or margarine, divided
12 ozmushrooms, sliced
4 Tbspall-purpose flour
2 1/2 cchicken stock or canned low sodium chicken broth
1 tspdijon mustard
1/2 tspdried thyme
1/2 tspsalt, to taste
1 cgrated cheddar cheese
4cooked chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
14 oz(1 can) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
·fresh grated parmesan cheese (not the powdered kind)
How to Make Chicken, Artichoke, and Broccoli Casserole
- Steam broccoli until crisp-tender; drain under cold water and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add in the mushrooms and stir/saute for 5 minutes and stir/saute for 5 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Transfer mushrooms using a slotted spoon to the container holding the broccoli (I put them all on a plate).
- Add remaining butter to skillet and let melt over medium heat.
- Add in flour and blend.
- Add in stock, mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper; whisk for about 2 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Add in grated cheddar cheese and stir until smooth.
- Using a 4-quart casserole dish, layer half the chicken, half the vegetables; repeat the layers.
- Pour sauce over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Stir and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts.