Chicken - Any Way You Say It!
I'm searching for my favorite recipe, which I have not used for a while, and it is Chicken Fricassee. I will try to recall it from memory, as it was a recipe my mom got from a friend,who shared with me, and and I've made it many times in the last forty years. I am not able to find the written card it was on, so I will guess at the proportions in the ingredients. It can easily be adapted to your tastes, and the recipe can be doubled, or whatever you need for your family.
- 1 lb
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- a/p flour
- salt and pepper to taste, perhaps 1/4 tsp.each
- 1/4 tsp
- poultry seasoning
- 1 can(s)
- chicken broth,or about 14-16 oz. if using homemade
- 1 Tbsp
- *optional, lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp
- *optional,paprika, sweet mild, for color mostly
How to Make Chicken - Any Way You Say It!
- 2Melt the butter in a deep frying pan, add oil, and when bubbly, add chicken and brown on all sides. When it is golden brown remove chicken from pan and keep warm, while you make a gravy of the bits and butter/oil.