Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
- 1 box uncle ben's original long grain wild rice (not instant)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 envelope dry onion soup
- chicken parts
How to Make Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
- 1Combine wild rice (and enclosed seasoning packet), mushroom soup, celery soup, and water. Place in buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle dry onion soup (remember....only 1/2 an envelope) on top of mixture. *My mom only uses 1/4 of the onion soup to reduce the salt, but I like it with the original amount.
- 2Place chicken parts on top of mixture. Cover. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 2 1/4 hours.
- 3I prefer to cook the chicken with the skin on (to keep it moist). I remove the skin before serving. Skim off any fat that may pool on the rice. After the fat is removed, just give the rice a stir, then serve.