Chicken and Waffles
How to Make Chicken and Waffles
- Roast chicken stuffed w/ an onion and parsley for flavor.
- After it's cooked, pull apart in large chunks and reserve broth to make gravy. I prefer to let my chicken sit overnight in fridge so that I can skim the fat from the broth off easily for the gravy, but you certainly don't have to.
- Prepare waffles in waffle iron, whatever waffle mix or ingredients you choose to use. I use Bisquick and have always been happy with that. (Directions are on the box). I like my waffles nice & golden & w/ a crispness.
- Use reserved chicken broth to make gravy, however you desire. I use Wondra flour for mine, and I usually add chicken bouillon for extra flavor & some poultry seasoning.
- Put a waffle on a plate, add chicken, add another waffle, more chicken & then top w/ lotsa gravy. Salt & pepper to taste. I love lotsa fresh ground pepper on top. This is wonderful comfort food!