Chicken and Sun-dried Tomatoes over Fettuccine
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 7 oz
- jar oil packed sun dried tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 c
- chopped onions
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- 3 Tbsp
- chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1/4 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz
- sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch
- broccoli, fresh cut into bite-size florets
- 12 oz
How to Make Chicken and Sun-dried Tomatoes over Fettuccine
- 1Drain tomatoes, reserving oil. Coarsely chop tomatoes; set aside.
- 2Saute onion and garlic in some of the reserved oil until translucent. Add mushrooms and cook until soft. Remove from pan and add some more reserved oil.
- 3Add chicken and broccoli and saute 8 minutes or until tender. Add basil and reserved tomatoes. Add back onion mushroom mix. Saute an additional 2 minutes.
- 4Add salt and pepper and any remaining reserved oil.
- 5Cook fettuccine according to package instruction omitting salt. Drain well; place on a large platter. Spoon chicken mixture over fettuccine and toss.
- 6If you use all the reserved oil and need more oil, just use some extra-virgin oil. This is a one dish meal and all it needs is a nice salad, a crusty bread and a glass of wine.