Chicken and Rigatoni (Buccalotti)
Don't let the simplicity of the recipe fool you, it's perfect as it is! I've experimented over the years adding oregano, garlic, etc but it's never as good as the original.
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- cut up chicken or equivalent pieces of you preference, very important to include the bones for flavor, and the skin too if the fat is ok with you
- 1 can(s)
- tomato paste, has to be good quality, i prefer contadina
- medium onion, chopped
- 2 qt
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb
- rigatoni noodles
How to Make Chicken and Rigatoni (Buccalotti)
- 1Add oil to a large, deep pan that will also hold the noodles.
- 2Add chicken to the pan and brown. Remove.
- 3Add onions and cook until translucent.
- 4Add chicken back to pan along with water, tomato paste and salt and pepper.
- 5Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until chicken is very tender. 45 minutes to an hour.
- 6Remove chicken and debone. Return meat to pot.
- 7Add rigatoni to pot. Make sure there is liquid to cover. Cook until noodles are done, stirring occasionally, adding more water if needed. Enjoy!