How to Make Chicken and Rice Croissants
- Preheat oven to 375
- In microwave safe covered dish, cook rice with chicken broth , salsa and taco seasoning on high for 5 minutes, then stir to mix well. return rice to microwave and cook for 15 more minutes on 50% power. set aside and let cool down
- roll out one tube of crescent roll dough and press out the seams so that it's one long roll. Put some of the chicken slices on the roll then the cooled rice mixture and top with the cheese. roll it all up together making sure the sides are tucked in... (kind of like a burrito)
- repeat with second tube of dough.
- place both rolls on a cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or till dough is golden brown.
- Let rest for about 10 - 20 minutes before slicing. Makes a great party appetizer or you can slice thicker and get about 6 - 8 servings as a main dish.
- note" you can also add a half cup of frozen spinach that has been thawed and drained to the rice mixture before spreading it over the chicken.