Chicken and Rice Casserole
But it really is quite simple to make and my husband thinks it's a special day when I make "his" chicken and rice dinner.
Finish this off with a mix of squash and zucchini for the side and you have the makings for a really yummy complete meal.
- 1 pkg
- raw chicken tenders
- 1/2 pkg
- fat free sour cream (the larger container)
- 1 box
- uncle ben's wild rice (long cook)
- 1 can(s)
- campbell's cream of chicken 99% fat free
How to Make Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 1Cook the chicken until tender and then cut into fairly small pieces. (You can use canned chicken, just doesn't taste as good to me, plus the added salt).
- 2Cook the wild rice as directed on the box.
- 3Mix 1/2 a large container of fat-free sour cream, almost fat-free cream of chicken (Campbell's really does taste better for this) soup, the rice and the chicken in a large casserole dish. Stir up together.
- 4Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Take it out right before the top starts to look dry. Stir once before serving and the ENJOY!