Chicken and Pesto Stuffed Zucchini
- monster zucchini (mine was longer than a 9x13 pan)
- bacon diced, cooked and drained (you be the judge. i think i used half a package)
- chicken breasts (poached with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder), diced
- container button mushrooms, chopped
- onion, diced (you choose i used a walla walla)
- spoonfull pesto from a jar (just because i had it)
- 3 pkg
- pesto mix from knorr
- whipping cream
- parmesan cheese
How to Make Chicken and Pesto Stuffed Zucchini
- 2Boil water and add spices. ( I do salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder to taste preferences.) When boiling add chicken and cook 20 minutes. (I did 30 minutes from frozen state) Remove from water and chop when cool.
- 3Chop mushrooms, onion, and bacon and set aside. Cook bacon (I didn't get it quite to crisp since it was going in the oven.) Remove bacon leaving drippings in the pan.
- 4Saute mushrooms and onion in the bacon drippings and when close to done add spoonful of pesto.
- 7In a sauce pan prepare Knorr Pesto mix according to package. Bring to a boil reduce heat and add whipping cream to taste. I thicken with a little cornstarch. But totally up to you. I added leftover filling to mixture at this point and leave on low till zucchini comes out of the oven.