8 ozpackage wide egg noodles
10 ozpackage of frozen baby peas
14 1/2 ozcan of italian-style stewed tomatoes
6 ozchicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 smallonion, cut in wedges
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 Tbspolive oil
1/4 cchicken broth
1/4 cwhipping cream
·shredded parmesan cheese
How to Make Chicken and Peas with Egg Noodles
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas to the water with the pasta.
- Drain pasta and peas and return to sauce pan.
- Meanwhile; place undrained tomatoes in a food processor bowl or blender container. Cover and process until pureed. Set tomatoes aside.
- Cut chicken in bite size pieces.
- In large skillet cook chicken, onion, and pepper in hot oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Reduce heat, stir in blended tomatoes and chicken broth. Simmer about 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in cream; simmer for 2-3 minutes more until sauce is desired consistency.
- Pour sauce over pasta mixture and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.