Chicken and Okra Gumbo1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1chicken, whole but cut up
2 lbokra, cut up
2 largechopped onions
1chopped bell pepper
2 tspchopped parsley
2 tspchopped green onion
·salt and pepper
How to Make Chicken and Okra Gumbo
- Brown the chicken in the oil.
- Take the chicken out.
- Add the flour to the oil and make a medium brown roux.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, and okra and cook slowly until the okra stops roping, maybe an hour.
- Add 3 quarts of water, slowly.
- Add the chicken.
- Cook slowly until the chicken is almost ready to fall off the bones, maybe an hour and a half.
- Add water as needed.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add parsley and onion tops and serve over rice.