- 1 medium
- whole chicken
- to taste pinch
- salt, pepper and garlic (powder or cloves)
- 12-16 oz
- egg noodles, uncooked
How to Make Chicken and Noodles
- 1Clean and boil on a medium high boil a whole chicken in a large stock pot. Add the garlic, black pepper and salt to taste when you first add the chicken to the pot. Add water as needed for the first 2.5 hours to keep the chicken covered. Let the chicken just boil down some the last hour or so keeping enough stock to cook the noodles (more if you want it a little soupy...my fav).
- 2After 3-4 hours of a continual medium high boil remover the chicken from the pot and set in a dish to cool. Add the egg noodles to the boiling stock and taste for seasoning.
- 3While your noodles are cooking, tear the chicken meat from the bone. I usually only use the white meat for this dish. When the noodles are about done add the chicken. I just tear off meat pieces and add straigh to the pot as I go after the noodles have cooked about 15 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes, green beans and rolls and you are in heaven!!!
- 4If you want a more chickeny flavor, add a family size can of cream of chicken soup to the boiling water and whisk until smooth, then add the noodles, then the shredded or chunked chicken.