Chicken and Mushrooms1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 3 lb
- 1 lb
- sliced mushrooms
- garlic cloves, chopped
- onion, sliced
- 6 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 tsp
- basil, dried and crushed
- 1/2 tsp
- tarragon, crushed
How to Make Chicken and Mushrooms
- 1Cut chicken into serving pieces.
- 2Wash and pat dry.
- 3Season with salt and pepper.
- 4In skillet heat butter, garlic, and 2/3 of oil.
- 5Brown chicken on both sides (about 10 minutes), lower heat and continue cooking for 25 minutes.
- 6In separate skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil.
- 7Saute onions until clear.
- 8About 5 minutes.
- 9Add mushrooms and 2 tablespoons water; simmer 10 minutes then add to chicken.
- 10Cover and simmer chicken 15 minutes.
- 11Pour in sherry, up the heat and boil for 1 minute. Serve hot.