CHICKEN AND MUSHROOMS
8boneless chicken breasts(about 5 ounces each)
11/4 cmilk, divided
11/2 call purpose flour
1 Tbspvegetable oil
1 tspdried tarragon
1 can(s)sliced mushrooms (4 ounces)
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup (103/4 ounce)
How to Make CHICKEN AND MUSHROOMS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Arrange chicken in single layer in prepared baking pan.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups of milk, the flour, eggs and salt in a medium bowl. Beat at high speed until well blended. Add oil and tarragon to egg mixture and mix well. Pour over chicken in baking pan.
- Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of meat registers 180 degrees, about 65 minutes.
- Drain mushrooms. Heat the butter in a small saucepan until melted. Stir in the mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- Add remaining milk and soup and mix well. Cook,stirring continually, until heated through and of sauce consistency. Serve with chicken. You can also stir in a 1/2 cup of green peas in the mushroom sauce. Garnish with a little paprika.