- 4 chicken breasts (with skin on)
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms ( you can use fresh)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup all purpose flour
How to Make Chicken and Mushroom Gravy
- 1Place enough cooking oil in oven-proof skillet to cover the bottom of pan and maybe a little extra. Heat the skillet to hot enough to brown a sprinkle of flour when added to it. Be heating oven to 350.
- 2Pat the chicken dry, dip the chicken in the flour, coat well on both sides, add salt and pepper. Place chicken in hot skillet and brown on both sides.
- 3When chicken is golden brown on both sides, add canned mushrooms and soup. Cover skillet and place in oven for about 1 hour. Comes out beautifully tender and with an amazing mushroom gravy. Serve with potatoes, rice, or noodles.