Chicken And Linguine In Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- olive or vegetable oil
- 1 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 jar(s)
- prego pasta sauce
- 2 c
- 8 oz
- linguine or spaghetti
- 1/2 c
- whipping or heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh basil leaves or 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
How to Make Chicken And Linguine In Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 1In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat and brown chicken. Remove chicken and set aside.
- 2In same skillet, stir pasta sauce and water. Bring to boil over high heat. Stir in uncooked linguine and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until linguine is tender.
- 3Stir in cream and basil. Return chicken to skillet and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Makes 4 servings.