Chicken and Linguine in Creamy Tomato Sauce
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 jar(s)
- pasta sauce, i prefer newman's own marinara
- 2 c
- 8 oz
- linguine or spaghetti
- 1/2 c
- whipping or heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh basil leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
How to Make Chicken and Linguine in Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 1In 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and brown chicken. Remove chicken and set aside.
- 2In same skillet, stir in pasta sauce and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in uncooked linguine and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until linguine is tender.
- 3Stir in cream and basil. Return chicken to skillet and cook 5 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked.