Chicken and Dumplins
Mary Rebecca Mcclenney
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/2 lbchicken cubes
3 stickcelery ribs
4chicken bouillon cubes
1 can(s)cream of celery soup
1 boxchicken broth
·salt and pepper to taste
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
2 call purpose flour
How to Make Chicken and Dumplins
- Boil chicken breast in 6 cups of water until cooked. Remove chicken from pot (leave broth in pot) let cool then cut into small cubes.
- When chicken is removed from pot of boiling water add the 4 chicken bouillon cubes, can of cream of chicken, cream of celery, celery ribs, box of chicken broth salt and pepper and stir until it comes to a boil.
- When broth comes to a boil you can eye it to know what consistence you would like the broth (thicker or thinner) when broth comes to a boil add dumplings
- To prepare the dumplings: Mix the flour with the salt and mound together in a mixing bowl. Beginning at the center of the mound, drizzle a small amount of ice water over the flour. Using your fingers, and moving from the center to the sides of the bowl, gradually incorporate about 3/4 cup of ice water. Knead the dough and form it into ball.
Dust a good amount of flour onto a clean work surface. Roll out the dough (it will be firm), working from center to 1/8-inch thick. Let the dough relax for several minutes.
- Cut the dough into 1-inch pieces. Pull a piece in half and drop the halves into the simmering soup. Repeat. Do not stir the chicken once the dumplings have been added. Gently move the pot in a circular motion so the dumplings become submerged and cook evenly. Cook until the dumplings float and are no longer doughy, 3 to 4 minutes.