Chicken and Dumplings
1 1/2 lbself rising flour plus extra for kneading and rolling
·salt to taste
·pepper to taste
2 pkggel pk of knoors chicken stock
3 lbboiled and deboned chicken
How to Make Chicken and Dumplings
- boil and debone chicken. set aside. add enough water or chicken stock to the stock the chicken was boiled in to bring 8 quart pot to a little over half full. or add a couple packs of the knoor gel stock to the water. just make sure you are using stock not broth.
- dump flour into a mixing bowl. stir in salt and pepper to taste. cut in crisco till mixture is crumbly. add buttermilk and stir till mixture isnt tacky feeling.
- set dough out on a floured surface and knead if it is still tacky. roll out to about 1/4 inch thickness or less. you want them thin. after you roll them out dust with a small amount of flour before cutting. this will thicken the soup as it is cooking. cut into small strips with a pizza cutter and add to the boiling chicken stock.
- the dumplings will swell up when you put them in. gently press them under the water till all are at least wet. tun heat to medium and let cook stirring every few minutes till the dumplings arent swelled anymore. watch them closely or they will start sticking to the bottom of the pot and burn! let them cook about 20 to 30 minutes or until they start sticking. salt and pepper broth to taste.
- stir chicken into the dumplings only after they are done. enjoy!